Contact Us for a Free 20 Minutes Consultation +1 347 329 3952

Immigration Law

Visitor Visas

A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa. The B1 / B2 nonimmigrant visa category is for foreign nationals who wish to temporarily visit the United States, for the purpose of doing business or for pleasure, such as sightseeing or visiting a family member. The purpose of the visa category is to encourage international travel by citizens of foreign countries to the United States for cultural, social, and economic benefits. either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Read more...

Academics and Artists Visas

There are different categories of visas that are granted considering the purpose of the applicant and her previous academic and professional experience. 

Employment Visas >

One of the key principles guiding the U.S. immigration system has been admitting foreign workers with skills that are valuable to the U.S. economy. Accordingly, current the U.S. immigration law provides several paths for foreign workers to enter the country for employment purposes. Employment visas, also known as temporary worker visas are for persons who want to enter the United States for employment lasting a fixed period of time and are not considered permanent or indefinite. Each of these visas requires the prospective employer to first file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). An approved petition is required to apply for a work visa. Read more...

  • Only transitional worker. (CW-1.)
  • Treaty traders and qualified employees. (E-1.)
  • Treaty investors and qualified employees. (E-2.)          
  • Long-term foreign investors.(E-2C.)
  • Certain "specialty occupation" professionals from Australia. (E-3)       
  • H-1B. Workers in a specialty occupation.
  • Representatives of foreign press, radio, film, or other foreign information media. (I) 
  • Intracompany transferees in managerial or executive positions. (L-1A )
  • Intracompany transferees in positions utilizing specialized knowledge. (L-1B)
  • Religious workers. (R-1)         
  • North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) temporary professionals from Mexico and Canada. (TN)

Resident Status >

Applying for permanent residency in the United States can be accomplished through adjustment of status or consular processing. Those who get the residence receive a document called a “green card”.  The process of getting a green card requires strategy and a fact-intensive analysis. United State citizens can file for the permanent residence of their parents, spouse, children, and siblings. Permanent residents can file for their spouse and children. Read more...

Uncontested Divorce >

You may wonder if an uncontested divorce is right for you. If you and your spouse can agree on the basic tenets of divorce, such as child custody, spousal support, and property division, you may be good candidates for an uncontested divorce. Two things are essential for this kind of divorce to be successful – you and your spouse must be able to work cooperatively to reach an agreement, and your attorney must be skilled at negotiating the complexities of a divorce. Read more...

SIJS, VAWA, Waivers

There are immigrants in special situations, upon which they can be granted an immigration benefit. Minors or individuals who have suffered mistreatment, domestic violence, and abandonment can apply even they don't have the support of their family members. Waiver. on the other hand, are special pardons that can be obtained to deal with a complex situation that make an applicant inadmissible or that prevent an applicant to get an immigration benefit, like a crime, an overstay, an entry without inspection, among others. 


Citizenship is a unique bond that unites people around civic ideals and a belief in the rights and freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Deciding to become a U.S. citizen is one of the most important decisions an immigrant can make. Depending on your situation, there may be different ways to obtain citizenship. Read more...


Asylum is a protection granted to foreign nationals already in the United States or arriving at the border who meet the international law definition of a “refugee.” Those who have a well-funded fear of prosecution or have been prosecuted can apply to asylum. 

Answers, Requests, NOIDs, and other immigration diligences 

If an applicant, a petitioner, a sponsor, or any other individual or organization involved with a non-immigrant or an immigrant petition receives a written communication from USCIS, a consulate, an embassy, or another agency, answer accurately and on time is fundamental to avoid denials, hearings or sanctions. There are different kinds of answers that may be required and getting the help of an attorney can make a difference. Read more...

Start Here!

Welcome to the Law Office of Giselle Ayala Mateus. Our office is specially focused on the satisfaction of the clients, their needs and expectations are fundamental for the provision of an effective service. The first meeting with the attorney is focused on creating a safe space to make questions and build trust. Additionally, you will be able to measure how we can help you.


115 E 23rd St.

Floor 3 Suite 309

New York, NY 10010

Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. 

Saturday 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. 

Call Now! 347-329-3952